Several people e-mailed me about problems accessing the following kastnerfamily.net sites:
The server was up and this was not a connection issues. Rather, it was a DNS issue. I battled this for about a week and had to "help" my registrar/DNS service. Everything is working properly now, but you might find this conversation interesting...
Thanks for your mail.
There is nothing wrong at our end. We tried accessing all your sub domain site and there is no problem.
This may be just an isolated incident or you may wish to check with your local ISP regarding access issues.
Let us know if you require further assistance.
Hi. Thanks for the update. Could you please run the following check on your end:
1. Do an nslookup of "jay.kastnerfamily.net" using your primary DNS server.
2. Do the same nslookup using your secondary DNS server.
You will see that the secondary works, while the primary does not.
Upon further investigation, we found the problem to be due to the MX setting for "googlee81a3317314bf313".
It was configured to point to ".google.com.". The starting "." caused a problem to our DNS server and caused the primary to not load the dns entries properly.
I have removed the starting "." so that host googlee81a3317314bf313 points to "google.com.".
You may wish to change this if this is not the correct address.
Your subdomains should start resolving properly in a few hours after the propagation is complete. Thanks.