I'm flying right now --somewhere near Quebec. Lufthansa was handing out some promotional cards for in flight inner-nets access. They seem to have a pretty fast inner-nets. Anyway, I should be home later tonight. Ah...home. Looking forward to seeing everyone. And my cat! Yay Moz!
In Germany, McDonalds apple pies are still deep fried --not baked. Not as healthy, but delicious. Here's a pic:
Here's another pic to tide you over until I get back and can upload all of them:
Just got back from the "Siemens Sports Heim". This is a big complex Siemens owns, and all employees can go there and hit the biergarten (as I did) and/or exercise. This means I had the traditional kasespaetzle (Sara, just Google it already) and some hefeweizen. Obviously, a bunch of people from work were there. The most important one being Felicia. Do you know Felicia? Well you should.
1. Understand that you're not alone. Plenty of people feel the same way.
2. Understand that it's natural. I can't be everywhere all the time.
3. Try to distract yourself. Suggestions include: world peace, quantum physics and/or organized religion.
4. If number three doesn't help, embrace the feeling of loss by doing something I like to do. Examples include skateboarding, Panera, playing with Moz or working past midnight.
5. Use heavy doses of your favorite drug or drink. It will dull the pain.
7. Try calling or IMing me. Even though I will probably ignore you, any response will provide some comfort.
8. Money: I like it. Give me some and I'll spend more time with you.
9. Watch videos or view pictures of me. Not the same as being there in person...but better than nothing.
10. Find someone that looks a lot like me. Follow them. Call them "Jay". Hide behind bushes if you need to.
No pics until tomorrow. Sorry. It was a great side trip. Highlights include the Vatican, the Coliseum and the Pantheon. Oh, and my new Zidane jersey
. And tea with marijuana extract (in Zurich). I'm so tired...
Can you tell I planned ahead for this? However, if I was home right now, my pick would include "My Many Smells
" by The Dead Milkmen. Not so much for me. Some of you know what I mean. Anyway...
Sleeper: "She's A Good Girl
Naked Raygun: "Roller Queen
Yup, found some decent ticket prices (thanks Yvette), so we're heading to Rome tonight. I'll basically have one full day to take in everything (with jet-lag mind you), but it will be worth it. I bet Erin, Em and Sara will be super jealous now.
If I make it to the Vatican, I will request a special blessing for my brother (Chris), which will totally counter-act his prayer circles.
I miss my cat. : )
Strawberry Newtons are like way-more-awesome than Fig Newtons. Case closed. Discussion ended. No response posts allowed.
Is in full effect. I couldn't sleep on the planes. Also, very limited Internet access. So pics will wait until tomorrow. But it's been fun hanging out with Frank, Yvette, Jinelle, Jimelle, Vanette and Nancy. : ) Respond to this post if you want me to bring back anything for you (i.e. food stuff). Also, Justin should note that they still sell Vanilla Coke here.
I will be in Germany 2006-07-18 through 2006-07-29. Expect frequent pics...
The Crystal Method: "American Way
The Jesus and Mary Chain: "Teenage Lust
I've been to Kew Gardens. Have you? Strange video...
If you're on a Windows-based machine, and are not blocked on port 21 (telnet), do the following:
1. Start \ Run
2. "cmd" (no quotes)
3. Hit the Enter key
4. In the resulting command window, type "telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl" (no quotes)
5. Hit the Enter key
6. Enjoy the flix, and being a geek!
"A year after a lynch mob went after Carleton Fiorina, it appears that her decisions laid the groundwork for profits at Hewlett-Packard."
Wow. What a coincidence.
Ministry: "Stigmata" and "Psalm 69"
Good show. Very loud (my ears are still ringing). I drank too much. Decent mosh pit towards the end of the show, which I was in (got a cut on my arm from this). Thanks Cristie for the ticket!
Pics | Video:
"...dog, leash, sneakers (the cute ones), cell phone, saline solution, favorite painting by my grandfather, and a few CDs"
"We're a nation of Peter Pans who won't grow up.
And there's nothing with wrong with that, author Christopher Noxon says.
The Los Angeles writer, 37, has a term to describe what he calls 'a new breed of adult, identified by a determination to remain playful, energetic and flexible in the face of adult responsibilities.' Say hello to the 'rejuvenile.' "
Taken from my balcony with a cell phone. The video is better (open it in QuickTime). But the best stuff, videos two and three, corrupted. : (
This song was released in 1981. Yes, 1981. It still rocks...so crank up the volume.
Siouxsie & The Banshees: "Monitor
For the second week in a row, I have been up and out of my house before 10:00 AM. No alarms. This is shocking news, as I'm rarely up before 11:30 AM. Of course this means Panera is getting even more of my business. Mmm...Cinnamon Crunch bagels.