I've been driving a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
rental car this week (my car is in for repairs). Instead of complaining about how much it sucks, I've decided to list a few things I like:
1. The power windows...have power. Most foreign cars blow it here, with motors that are weak and slow (though probably more reliable).
2. The stereo sounds great. Primarily because the speakers are good. I've seen a lot of foreign cars with great head units matched to terrible speakers.
3. The AC gets fucking cold, even when the car's been sitting in the sun, windows up, in 90 plus degree weather. Foreign cars too often have weak AC.
4. Lots of power (matched to terrible handing). When I slam the gas pedal, it really goes.
5. A big trunk. Nice when you're hauling around a bunch of tennis gear.
6. Someone, probably in the midwest, is getting their wage, pension and health care funded through this car.
7. If I want, I can sit high. Or low. The option is there.
8. Windshield wipers that could move mountains. Again, most foreign cars have motors that are weak and slow.
9. Back seats that don't feel cramped.
10. Real arm rests. Not a piece of plastic that just sticks out.